Hello and welcome! I’m Amy and I’m glad you’re here. Let’s chat!
Easy Dinner Recipes was created out of my desire for quick, satisfying, and family-friendly options to feed my busy family without sacrificing my love of real, good food. A mom can only take so many nights of Chick-Fil-A or ordering pizza each month before it gets tiring!
Whether you enjoy cooking or are just trying to get the job done, we care about what we are eating and don’t want to sacrifice good food for our families. But we are sometimes also stretched thin with activities and other responsibilities.
I have been making family dinners since high school when my mom went back to college and I was left in charge of feeding our family of 7 a few nights each week. While I don’t always feel like cooking dinner, eating out sometimes isn’t an option either. Not only is cooking at home more economical and healthier, it also tastes better and can take less time than getting in the car and going through the drive-thru line!
Each recipe on this site has been carefully tried and tested. Even if you are not good at planning ahead and need to make things based on what you have on hand, you are sure to find a new favorite here to add to your regular dinner rotation. All the meal ideas are carefully selected to be nurturing, down to earth, and wholesome because we want to feed our families real food for dinner, but the recipes NEED it to be easy! You won’t find recipes here that need lots of specialty ingredients or a whole lot of time to pull them off.
What you will find in addition to great recipes are quick tips and techniques that will help you become a better cook over time without being given a masterclass in knife skills or searing techniques when you are just trying to get dinner on the table tonight. The say variety is the spice of life and here you will find new and different ways to use the same ingredients to keep dinner time fresh and fun, both for you and your family.
A little about me…
- I moved a lot growing up! Places I’ve called home include Nebraska, California, Utah, Idaho, New Jersey, Missouri, and Germany. Now I call the California Bay Area home with my husband, two kids, and six chickens.
- Prior to starting Easy Dinner Recipes, I started my other blog, House of Nash Eats in 2016, where I share decadent desserts, holiday foods, and recipes inspired by my love of travel. And before that I was a corporate litigation attorney in the California Bay Area.
- I graduated law school from BYU in 2009. My husband and I actually met freshmen year at a campus dance, and we both studied business finance as undergrads before going to law school, him at the U of U and me at the Y.
- We have two girls who are entering the preteen years (wish us luck!). Our lives are filled with fun activities like family camping trips, swimming, volleyball, and ice skating.
- Travel & food are my two top passions and we have been to more than 25 countries! I always have a long list of foods to try whenever I go some place new and love planning trips to places I haven’t been yet.
- I love all foods but my favorites are probably Mexican and Southern cuisine. And I firmly believe that there is always room for dessert, especially if a brownie or chocolate chip cookie is involved.