- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
Wash and trim the woody ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add minced garlic, if using, and toss to coat.
Air fry at 400°F for 5-7 minutes until crisp-tender and the tips are golden-brown. Thinner stalks will take less time to cook. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese or spritz with fresh lemon juice before serving.
- Leftover asparagus can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days. To reheat, just warm it up in the air fryer for a few minutes to restore some of the crispness.
- You can freeze leftover asparagus for up to 6 months. Reheat straight from frozen in the air fryer for about 5 minutes until hot.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest or serve with lemon wedges for spritzing over the top of the asparagus.
- Use your favorite spices or seasoning bland. We love to sprinkle ranch seasoning over our roasted air fryer asparagus! Smoked paprika or a barbecue rub is another tasty twist.
- Serve the cooked asparagus on a plate and sprinkle with crumbled, cooked bacon.
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 851IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg